Monday, September 24, 2007

Potowatami Zoo

Since the weather was gorgeous, I decided to take Sawyer to the zoo (finally)! The Potowatami Zoo in South Bend is very beautiful! It's not that big (no elephants, polar bears or giraffe's), but still has a great variety (lions, tigers, zebras, kangaroos, monkeys, etc.).



The BEST part was definately the TIGER, who came right up to the glass for Sawyer! There weren't many people in the zoo today (I only ran into about 20 the entire afternoon), so maybe the tiger was bored enough to actually come visit us!

Here is Sawyer visiting what I think may be some kind of Emu, but I'm not sure... hmm... He was getting way too close, I had to watch Sawyer's fingers! On the right is Sawyer hanging out watching the prarie dogs.

It was so slow at the zoo today, that the train conductor was standing around with no one taking rides! Of course Sawyer and I went for a ride, but the train conductor also let Sawyer sit up on the drivers seat! Sawyer is CRAZY about trains right now, he turns everything (literally EVERYTHING) into a train and pushes it along. For example, today at lunch he had a few slices of cheese in front of him, and he pushed his cheese around his tray going: "Chuga chuga chuga chuga CHOO CHOO!"



No comments: