Decorating our sweet, $30 pre-lit tree from Target last year. :) Maybe someday I'll have the big, fancy, perfectly coordinated & decorated tree, but for these years I'll just enjoy having little children who want to break and/or rearrange the ornaments each day. It's so fun to watch the magic in Hunter's eyes as he stands at the Christmas tree, moving the ornaments around. It was often several times a day. I don't want to deprive him of that. I'm already uptight about enough things around our house. :)
One of the first things we do to rev up the Christmas season is build our annual mini gingerbraed (graham cracker) houses. Joe and I have been doing this since our first Christmas together when we were dating: 9 years ago! Once kids came along, I started making individual houses, so each person can work on their own. I make them early in the day so the 'glue' is totally dry and they're ready for decorating (tiny kids wouldn't have the patience to do the building yet; but Sawyer did start helping me with the building process this year). We're rewarded with having a nice big "Christmas Village" of multiple homes on a shelf somewhere.






No comments:
Post a Comment