Thursday, April 12, 2012

North Carolina Trip!


For spring break, we tagged along with Joe to a work conference in Raleigh-Durham!  Work put us up in at the beautiful Washington Duke Inn on Duke University's campus.  The boys enjoyed swimming at the indoor pool (it was still somewhat chilly, and rainy most days), and going to the FREE Natural History Museum in Raleigh!



Touching a SNAKE!



Riding the lion statue outside the hotel... I'm sure the doorman loved that... not a lot of little kids at a hotel like this!



Duke University Gardens- beautiful!  Notice the top of their chapel over the forest ridge?





^^^Photography by Sawyer! ^^^ :)

The chapel on Duke's campus.  AMAZING inside & out (sorry I didn't get a pic inside)!
It was a good FREE trip! :)  Kids did great on the 6.5 hour drive, and I'm sure we all put weight on by eating out for every meal... but good trip!


2 comments:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Fun! I have a close friend here in my building from North Carolina, and they way she talks about it, I think I would really like it. (Although the way you talk about Atlanta, maybe I would like Atlanta even more!)

Great photography, Sawyer!

Brittany and Joe said...

Wow that does sound like a super fun trip! Sawyer is a great photographer!