Thursday, March 22, 2012

How does your garden grow...

I know it's only a select few who seem to love gardening, so disregard this entire post if you don't care, because it turns out I'm one of them!  My grandma's influence must've actually rubbed off on  me after all, after two decades of growing up next door to her, watching and helping her in her gardens of flowers and food.  Usually I didn't even really like helping that much. Plus, she'd force us to stand in front of her flowers and take pictures of us with them, and my brothers and I thought it was soooooo lame, but humored Grandma.  But ever since owning our first home in Wisconsin back in 2005, owning my own land, it was like the "Grandma Eleanor" gene sparked to life & I've LOVED flower gardening.  I've tried a bit with growing food as well, but that's more to be smart & healthy, and I haven't really had space for real results yet.  My true gardening love is watching my flowers come in (tulips and hydrangea bush):


We only have a very tiny 'backyard' behind our townhouse.  The whole thing is only about 25'x30'.  There's not a single area that gets full sun, so I can only do shadier plants (even though I risked doing the tulips, just to see...).  I'm still so happy to have a little bit of land to play with. I sectioned off two little flower areas around our patio, with stones, and think it'll be satisfying enough until we buy a house in the next few years. :)


(tulips popping up, and azalea bushes) 


The above pictures were taken on March 14th.  Pictures below are of the same areas, taken today (amazing what 8 days will do).



No comments: