Monday, December 19, 2011

Graham Houses


One of our favorite Christmastime traditions is to decorate our individual graham cracker 'gingerbread' houses.  I build them during the day, so they're super dry & sturdy, ready for little ones to decorate by evening.  This year, Sawyer and I tried building one larger house, which turned out slightly crooked, but Sawyer was still very excited to decorate it!




I was hoping Hunter would be the age to get 'into' it a little more than he did, but he just wanted to eat and eat and eat and eat and eat...  I showed him an example of what to do, hoping he'd follow along and stick another candy on somewhere.  He picked up a candy, asked me to open it (a lifesaver), and I handed it to him, asking "Where should this one go?"  He held it up, looked at it, replying "Ummm.... In my MOUTH!"  *CHOMP*

Ta-da!  Left to right:  Hunter, Sawyer, Carrie, Joe

2 comments:

Jillian said...

"In my mouth!" ha ha ha!

Shanda said...

So fun!!! We did that today with 8 children! It was a little bit crazy, but no major messes and lots of happy, sticky kids!