Sunday, October 16, 2011

Love to Camp!

We LOVE to camp.  But just for one night.  Actually, after this trip, I might want to cut out nights all together until the kids are more like 10...  But the day and evening fire times are amazing! :)  We went with our BFFs, the Schlossers.

Hunter & T playing in the tent.  One of the few times they weren't fighting! Hooray! 

Hunter helping bring in the wood! 

Exploring the stream by our campsite 

 Smore's time!  Well... Hunter just wanted Hershey bars.

 Piling leaves on a big rock.  Not sure who started this or why, but they had a GREAT time!

What's in the hole in the tree?? 

We've GOT... to PUSH... this LOG!!! 

 MONKEY JOE!!!  I love how much he can impress the kids.

 Joe & Sawyer on the log over our trail.

 We hiked 3/4 mile to Desoto Falls!  There wasn't much 'falls' to it, probably because there's been a drought...  but it was still pretty on many different levels.


STRONG HUNTER!!!  He's so proud of himself.  And being very cheery considering he only slept for a few hours the night before...  around midnight he woke up coughing & couldn't stop.  He was keeping everyone up, so finally after 20 minutes without stopping, I finally took him & some blankets to sleep in the back of the Pilot.  Which wasn't comfy, but at least the rest of our family/friends could get some SLEEP!  Hunter and I stayed up while he coughed until about 5:30 in the morning.  Finally, having him propped up kicked in, and he fell asleep in his car seat.  Luckily we somehow felt refreshed in the morning & had a great 2nd day!


***note to medicine companies: PLEASE figure out a cough medicine that can be given to 2 year olds... soon!***


2 comments:

Jillian said...

http://www.zarbees.com/ Cough stuff available at most pharmacies for 12 mos+. :)

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

I feel just the same way about camping! I could live without the sleeping part, but the rest is fabulous! (Until I get home and have to clean it all up!)

Looks like fun!