Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Top of the Mountain!

On Saturday we drove up into the Pine Nut Mountains, which are east of us (instead of West of us, to the huge, snow covered Sierra Nevadas). We parked at the bottom of one & hiked up it. It was pretty neat, because I don't think I'd done that before (started at the bottom & gone to the summit)!


Needless to say, Sawyer had a great time being a tough mountain man. Hunter, on the other hand, freaked out about everything and just wanted to be on Joe's shoulders. We kept giving him opportunities to hike, but he'd stumble on everything & then just stop and cry. Hopefully we can get him toughened up!
At the top! The Sierra Nevadas are behind us, probably about 15 miles away (their tops are hidden in the clouds on this dreary cold day, though).





1 comment:

RK said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful!

I'm so impressed that you are going on wild adventures with the whole family. That can't be easy with multiple children. Glad you enjoyed it.