Sunday, August 15, 2010

Family Visit!

My parents and little bro, Zach, came to visit us this past week. It was wonderful to show off the place I love so much (and not be the one packing up & travelling for the visit)! We had a great time, with a nice balance of sightseeing vs. relaxing together. One "must" I knew my family (Dad especially) would enjoy: The Marietta Diner. It's famous for it's huge menu, low prices, and monstrous selection of naughty desserts.

The other "must-see": the world's largest aquarium, of course! They all loved it, and we loved seeing the new penguin exhibit that recently opened, and renewing our year passes! :)




For our nature selection, we spent a morning going up to Amicalola Falls (no pictures- maybe they'll share some that they took later with me), and another morning at Lake Allatoona. My family loved getting that "Northern Wisconsin" feel- only 18 miles north of ATLANTA, GEORGIA! I think my dad may have found where he wants to retire: as long as there are some big fish to be caught in this lake!

My boys loved seeing family, especially having Uncle Zach stay with us while they were here (parents stayed at a hotel). So glad they came to visit!

3 comments:

Brittany and Joe said...

How fun! It looks like your brother and parents had a good time.

Theradlife said...

Is it weird that these pics make me homesick?? Is it even more weird that they make me homesick for YOUR family? I wanna go fishing with your Dad again, and almost die on a horse with your Mom again, and pick on Zach again, and see the kittens, and Roxy, and on and on and on.... Oh the memories of my youth. Priceless.

Kimberlee said...

Carrie it had been a while since I checked out your blog. I can't believe how big and adorable your boys look. I love those beach pictures. How fun!! It looks like you are loving life. I am jealous you live in Georgia! Your post entitled "Our Fourth" sounds like your having your 4th baby. I thought-I know I haven't checked your blog for a while but it hasn't been that long! Twins? Haha...anyways. It's always fun to see what you are up to!