Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mom's Vacation!

I went to San Diego for five days to have my very first girls trip since being married! My girl friends from college years all moved so far apart (and didn't have much money), that we didn't really have the opportunity to get together... until now! We flocked to Cynthia in San Diego from Atlanta, Boston, & Spokane (almost literally the four corners of the country!). Cynthia let us stay at her home, and was a very generous & wonderful hostess! We went to Magic Mountain, did a harbor cruise, went dancing down town, spent time on the beach, had our nails and facial treatments done, and had lots of fun eating out (a LOT)!




San Diego sure is beautiful, but I was shocked to realize that it's no longer my favorite city. Maybe because this trip I saw it through 'mom eyes': everything was way too expensive ($11.50 for a matinee movie, 8.5% sales tax on retail, etc.!), and it's more brown than I remember (I'm spoiled now from the lush deep green and infinite flowering trees/bushes that fill every space of Georgia). It turns out I don't love the beach as much as I thought; it's not worth that much to me. Atlanta is my new top city, where I want to stay and raise kids! I was happy to fly home! :)

3 comments:

Mike and Jenny said...

Fun! Who lives in Spokane?

Annalisa said...

Carrie, I am so glad you were able to have a vacation with some of your old girlfriends! That's neat that you guys really like Atlanta and would like to stay there. Of course my mom and I were only there for 2-3 days, but we were really impressed with the area. I also LOVE your haircut.

Scott and Jillian said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you were able to go nd havea good time!